Creating a WordPress blog is nothing that you need to be afraid of. There is no elaborate planning required either. However, there are a few things you would need to decide.
Since WordPress provides so many choices in terms of theme layout and color, added functionality through Plugins, and custom widget areas, you will be require to make a few key decisions regarding your WordPress Blog those decisions yourself.
The following is a quick guide of what to think over before creating your WordPress Blog:
• Topic: Determine what you would be writing about or the nature of the content that you would be sharing with your readers. This depends mainly on your interest. Topics blogging to the field of politics, poetry, arts, current affairs, or almost anything under the sun can be chosen. You can stick to one theme or you can choose to write about whatever concerns you on a day to day basis. Since it is your very own web journal, you can make it as flexible as possible in all aspects.
• Themes: A wide range of Free WordPRes Themes will are available for you to decide upon when starting your Blog. You can also have a professionally Branded WordPress Theme Developed by various companies as well as acquire lower cost general themes with premium options and advanced features integrated within the Themes Framework.
• Freebies: The advantage with WordPress for your blogging service provider and Content Management System is that they make your blogging experience as dynamic and interactive as possible. They enable you to install add-on features that include button, pictures, blog chalks, guest maps, guestbooks, comment boxes for readers’ thoughts and views, etc.
• Additional Features: Through Plugin Add Ons you can take your WordPress Blog to new heights allowing you to increase functionality and interaction for your visitors. Though many free plugins are available, there are also a large variety of pay plugins that can truly assist your Blogging experience by adding a shopping cart to your site, or even transform your weebsite into a complete social media platform.
• Bloggers Niche: You must determine who should read your blog-whether you want it to be read only by a select circle, or must it be open to all. This will depend upon the content, mainly.
• Layout: Again, there will be a wide range to choose from in terms of layout and color schemes.
• Content: You could pick up a specific topic and write about it consistently, or merely decide on any random topic as and when it interests you. You could try putting up content for a while and see the kind of response you get, and alter or modify it accordingly.
• Blogging Circle: Blogging is a great way to come in touch with people from across the globe. You can surf and visit other people’s blogs. Do not spam in their comment section, but write a genuine comment if you have something to say about a particular post.
• Publish: Finally when you are done selecting the setting and preferences, selecting a content to put up, you need to publish the content. Do not, however, forget to send the link to your blog to your friends and acquaintances so that they may come visit you.
Once you have started your WordPress Blog, you will have noticed that it hardly takes fifteen minutes to do so. Maintaining your new WordPress Blog is even easier.
Here are a few tips that would help you successfully keep your WordPress Blog going:
• Update: Update frequently otherwise visitors may stop coming to your blog. It will also give you more confidence to churn out more well worded posts in the future.
• Personalize: Even though you might be discussing general and universal topics, add your own personal touch to make things lighter and interesting.
• Topic Niche: If you have a theme blog you can Google for other blogs of a similar kind and build you network.
• Spelling and Grammar: Make sure you proof read your posts. Spelling and grammatical errors can be a major put-off for many readers.
• Advertisements: You could play host to sites like Google AdSense and earn revenue by placing their links on your blog.